Children Rising wants to say…
By Children Rising
During the 2014-2015 school year, more than 248 volunteers provided support and practical assistance to the East Bay area and its children through Children Rising.
- 121 Reading Tutors at 20 Excel Reading Clinics enabled over 260 primary grade students to improve their reading levels.
- 38 Food Baggers put together nutritious weekend lunch bags for 1550 families in 18 Alameda County public schools.
- 23 Event Volunteers donated their time and talents working our 5K Walk and Gala fundraisers.
- 21 Library Volunteers and 2 community groups supported and staffed 8 under-resourced school libraries. They provided over 4,000 books to eager students every week.
- 17 Newsletter Team Volunteers throughout the year assembled our monthly printed newsletter, which reaches over 1,200 supporters.
- 13 Mentors guided 12 high school students as they navigated their internships. Through our community partners, Children Rising placed a total of 19 high school students in internships.
- 12 Lab Assistants and 12 Math Tutors helped provide over 450 elementary school students with hands-on learning experiences focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
What a year! Thank you for generously giving your time, talents, and resources!